Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Pick's for the Top 10 Movie Costumes of All Time.

1. My Fair Lady (1968)
2. GiGi (1958)
3. Sense and Sensibility (1995)
4. Elizabeth 1998)
5. Lord of the Rings (2001-2003)
6. Dune (1984)
7. Dangerous Liaisons (1988)
8. Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
9. The Man Who Cried (2000)
10. Coco Before Chanel (2009)

    Of Course their are several other in foreign film and more to come but so far the costumes form these movie have moved me from adolescents to adulthood. If any of you get a chance to watch these movies you will be moved by the costume. Now if you have already seen these movies you know what i am talking about I assure you. I know I am somewhat biased towards films in a sense but I feel that I have a great range of costume adoration, from fantasy to historical fiction. It's sad to think that this generation for the most part has not had too many ground breaking costumes in movies. It seems most of the films or digital in some way and costumes have been replaced with computer graphics. In any case we can sit back in this high technological time and look at the actual craft of construction and the beauty of technical design.
My Fair Lady

GIGI

Sense and Sensibility 

Elizabeth

Lord of the Rings

Dune

Dangerous Liaisons 

Kingdom of Heaven

The Man Who Cried

COCO before Chanel

2 comments:

  1. that is a good one but i thought my fair lady was better it had more to me! Gone with the wind was a good costume movie though!

    ReplyDelete