Saturday, January 22, 2011

Innovative Designer Philip Treacy!!




  It must be in the water over in England but the produce most of my favorite designers! I love how most of the innovators in fashion are English. Well one of my favorites is the hat designer Philip Treacy, he is a genius, a innovator, and in a sense my muse. I know a famous designer as your muse well it's the works of art that he creates. The hats he designs are things that are born in dreams, fantasy, future, and nightmares. I just wanted to let the world know how he is truly an artist of his millinery craft. I took a class in hat making in the fall and as corny as it sounds it was life changing. When creating a hat you get in this zen work mode as well as creative, anything is possible in hat creation. Clothing design and or construction can be fun but can be very stressful and not always do you have the tools to create your vision. I also like the fact that in hat making most of it at least for me was done by hand so it gives you a true sense of pride and accomplishment. Philip Treacy keep up the amazing work you have a huge fan in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment