Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Will Andrew Charles make you Walk their Way?

  When you hear the name Steven Tyler, what comes to mind? If you ask me it would be skin tight pants, huge lips, and of course rock royalty. What if I told you he will be collaborating with Andy Hilfiger for a fashion collection coming this fall. The collection will be for men and women, and is said to be influenced by Rock and Roll and will be sold exclusively at Macy's and Macys.com. The name of this fashion endeavor is named Andrew Charles, which I must say the name does not match the image but hey it might work.
    Fall is right around the corner so I am quite curious as to how well the brand will do. Celebrity clothing lines seem popular in today's retail markets but often seem to be a dime a dozen. I actually went on tumbler to get a sneak peak to what will possibly be the direction of the clothing, I am not impressed. If originality or even even fresh new prospective of  Rock and Roll fashion is what you are looking for don't bother with Andrew Charles.
    I will be fair and reserve some commentary until they debut, but frankly if it is anything like what I am seeing from their promos it's lacking. Steven Tyler and Andy Hilfiger should have used more influence of the late 60's and 70's in their Rock and Roll fashion pursuit as well as using more eclectic prints or patterns. Hopefully, at least for them they are both successes in other projects, so if the demographic they are trying to reach don't buy the brand, they both have something to fall back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment