Saturday, February 5, 2011

Men's Fashion Emphasized for 2011-2012

    It always amazes me that most men don't take risks in fashion. It also is evident that men sometimes have a warped view on the idea of being fashionable no thanks to society. It used to be a well dressed man was suave, handsome, and sleek. Now, a well dressed man has to be a homosexual and to me not all guys who dress well are gay, and not all gay men dress well.
    I truly believe designers are noticing a need for a focus on men's fashion. I feel though and maybe I am biased but American men need help the most with their looks. The obsession with what I call the "jersey shore" look is running rapidly on the east coast of the states, it is tacky and it makes most guys look like douche bags, A black v-neck tightly fitted matched with dark denim is not a fancy night time look. Then you go to the west coast, guys think the tortured artist/homeless person look is great matched with a beanie. Please the Hills are over looking like a "I just woke up"  is so over done.
D&G F/W 2011

Trend Look 2011

Bottega-Venata- Spring 2011
    So men take a risk, ask for help, find you style. When you dress well you make head turns and if nothing else feel confident. So in this new year gentle men it's your time to shine, reinvent yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment